View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #8
Patrick Donnelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Weaver View Post
nobody else mentioned it, but your goal of bodyweight increase doesn't really fit with a lot of your training goals. I'm sure there is someone out there at 220+ lbs who can do an iron cross, but not many
Yeah, the cross might be a bit of a stretch, but the front lever definitely isn't. It'll just be hard, but that'll only make it all the more beast when I get it.

While I might be able to get some of the skills easier if I let myself slim back down to the 140lb twig I used to be, that'll certainly make the partner balancing a lot more difficult for me, which is where I see the most potential for myself. (See the video linked in the last post, for a decent example of a partner balancing routine - a great routine if you consider the fact the dude is blindfolded. I found that randomly on YouTube.) Also, if I get that handstand press good enough to be in this act (a video from the club's 2009 season finale show), then there's the possibility of taking the pose you see at 3:05 where two guys are doing handstands where one is floating over nothing, and then tacking a third person onto it. However, to get three people in the chain, you've got to have a very heavy first guy, a middleweight in the middle, and a very light person on the end. I'd take care of the heavyweight position, obviously. Maybe that'd even have to wait 2yrs, just for me to get a handstand perfect enough to make that a safe pose to attempt, but it'd still be totally worth it.

Last edited by Patrick Donnelly : 05-22-2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Missed a "c."
Patrick Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote