View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #9
Patrick Donnelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Lee View Post
Could you add up your reps and give an approximation of your total volume per week for pressing and pulling movements?

Don't include any isometric stuff.
Unfortunately, I don't think so. Not to be snarky, but the lines get very blurred when it comes to BWE, especially when you're doing stuff like holding your arms extended overhead while someone does a muscle-up on your hands. (That's actually a fairly easy thing to do, but you can see how it'd be hard to classify as anything, though it definitely is something.)

Also, I tested my axle power clean and bench press tonight. No substantial difference from the last times I did them (maybe a month ago), but I chalk this up to having done 14.5hrs of bamboo removal in my backyard over the past four days. On another day, PR's would have been there, I think. (I can't be sure, of course, but I reserve my right to talk out of my ass, as this is the internet we're on.)

As for progress I've noticed so far, my dragon flag eccentrics have very quickly gone from doing maybe the first 45-60 degrees to doing a full eccentric slowly and handstand pressing from a standing pike (just bending over and putting the palms on the floor), is substantially easier than it was a few weeks ago, even though I'm heavier. Ring dips are also getting more strict and deeper, as I mentioned before.

Last edited by Patrick Donnelly; 05-22-2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Typing too many post too fast; words get jumbled.
Patrick Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote