Kevin Shaughnessy

Friday June 4th

Squat
45x1x5
105x1x5
125x1x5
145x1x5
220x3x5

Tried sitting back into the movement more. Standing in front of the box rather then over it on the third set caused me to inadvertendly go deeper then I wanted to, causing a little butt wink I think, which is why I believe my lower back felt tight after this workout. That and the more horizontal torso from sitting back made extension harder to keep and I didn't cue it in my mind. Yup, LB is feeling real tight.

Bench Press
45x2x5
100x1x5
120x1x5
155x3x5

Feel like I've got more in me.

Deadlift
135x2x5
195x1x5
275x1x5

Ten pounds away from an all time PR. This workset could have felt better, could have felt worse. A little pain in the LB, which I doubt will get better as the weights progress, tabarnac...

---------------

Post mortem: Pain I felt during the deadlift has me worried about my future doing it. It was the same pain that goes away the harder I squeeze my back but worse then usual. And when I put down the weight for the final time, something just felt wrong for a split second that made me grimace. It wasn't pain just a kind of wierd feeling. I'm not really in any pain right now after the workout though. Fuck I wish I could afford to go to a chiro.
Kevin Shaughnessy is offline   Reply With Quote