Friday June 11th

Squat
45x2x5
115x1x5
135x1x5
155x1x5
235x1x5
235x1x0

Forgot to load a ten pounder onto the right side of the barbell fourth warm up set. I knew after the first set that another two across wasn't feasable. Didn't expect to not be able to do another rep though. Going to deload 10% and work back up, would try again on monday but hip flexor is feeling a little crappy, might be a form issue. 210x3x5 on monday. Once I get back to 230x3x5, Ill switch to 2.5# jumps and then the advanced novice program.

Press
45x2x5
75x1x5
110x3x5

Wasnt nearly as tough as the squats. Hell it was downright easy. Bodes well.

Power clean
95x1x3
115x1x3
135x1x1
155x5x3

First set didn't feel all that great. First rep went fine, second rep felt like I forgot to jump but I dont know if thats normal or not when the weight gets heavy, third rep racked low. Second set all the reps racked nicely, but I think my stance is getting sloppy when I catch the weight. Third set first two reps had me squatting lower then usual, tried catching it higher on the third rep and it racked low. Took a video of the last two sets and overall I would call them acceptable to me.

---------------------------

Lost about 3 hours of sleep last night because of the most random problem. It was like a severe tension-like ache that started in my right middle trap and then travelled to the front of my shoulder. It didn't hurt it was just quite intense, very distracting and frustrating. And the 7 broken up hours I slept the night before probably didn't help. Hopefully that was why I stalled.
Kevin Shaughnessy is offline   Reply With Quote