View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
Mark Fenner
Member
 
Mark Fenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 165
Default

Poison ivy can definitely cause localized swelling. Have you dealt with the surface? There is a product I highly recommend called Tecnu. I use this and then dish soap (something with grease cutting ability). For some gov't approved recommendations:

http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/cons.../ucm049342.htm

At this point (a few days later), if it is reaction based swelling, then I'd do some things to generally reduce inflammation (ice and non-pharmeceuticals). For myself, I'd be taking some Benadryl and see how the swelling responds.

Remember, poison ivy (urushiol) can get on EVERYTHING. Act a little paranoid, clean everything that you might have come in contact with so you don't get reinfected, and hopefully you'll get back to normal soon.

Best,
Mark
Mark Fenner is offline   Reply With Quote