View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #16
Dave Coughlin

Derek-A birthday month? Genius! My nutrition has been awful since May, hopefully I can clean it up after the holiday weekend...BTW here are the two CFFB WODs I was referring to:

Kalsu
Complete 5 burpees and perform max rep 135 lbs thrusters on the minute.
The goal is to complete 100 total thrusters.
*At the beginning of every minute perform 5 burpees, for the rest of the minute perform as many thrusters as you can during that minute. At the beginning of the next minute perform 5 burpees and then max rep thrusters and so on until you reach 100 total thrusters. Post the total number of minutes it took to reach 100 thrusters.

Tillman
7 Rounds for time(rest :45 seconds between rounds)
7 Deadlifts 315 lbs
1 Full Gasser(Starting on one sideline of a football field an athlete will sprint across the field to the opposite sideline, turn and sprint back to the sideline, plant and sprint to the sideline, plant and sprint back to the sideline-212 yds)
15 Pull Ups

7/1/2010 @WW

CFWU 1*10, plus some 1 poos KB snatches, hi pulls, etc

Deadlift (75%/85%/95%)

115*5, 205*5, 310*5, 350*3, 395*8

Assistance lifts

Pronated Grip pullups-3*10 (DH first two sets, kip/BFK last set)
Modified GHD situps-3*15

*Pretty happy with my first cycle of DLs and SPs, although the logistical problem of lacking a squat rack and bench are hurting me. I'll probably buy another bar to leave at home, and maybe another pair of 45# plates off craigslist. The 5/3 sets felt pretty good and strong, so I was going to try to aim for a best case scenario of 395*10. I hit a huge wall halfway up on #7, though. The last rep was a tough one, but I was happy with eight reps for my first cycle. I could probably get a couple more, but there would be quite a bite of forward-arching back.BTW what is the 5/3/1 stance on reps with sloppy form? Either way, I'd prefer to be conservative when it concerns my back, so I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. Hopefully, I can try to get up an hour early, and see if I can get in my squats and bench tomorrow morning.
Dave Coughlin is offline   Reply With Quote