View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 04:49 AM   #13
Darryl Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Lee View Post
I just noticed that the Zone Diet category on this forum is gone.
I hadn't noticed it had gone either. Does anyone know when it disappeared or why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Lee
I'm also going to guess that you're underestimating your current bodyfat % and that you don't really know what 5% body fat looks like. 8% bodyfat is RIPPED, if you have some muscle. 5% body fat, as Derek said, is bodybuilder status. Even bodybuilders rarely maintain 5% body fat. Martin Berkhan is the only person I've actually heard of who maintains 5.5% body fat year around and is not an endurance athlete.

If you're going to try to maintain anywhere close to 5% body fat year around, you're going to have to implement frequent refeeds and some other nutritional strategies far more advanced than the Zone Diet.
How is it possible that you haven't heard of Clarence Bass?

The guys a legend in bodybuilding circles because he's been at ~5% BF since dinosaurs ruled the earth. More importantly he's done it without any of that low-carb, ketogenic semi-starvation, sorry "intermittent fasting", nonsense. The best thing about Clarence though is he's documented everything he's ever done and it's all available on his website or in his books.
Darryl Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote