View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 06:52 AM   #16
Geoffrey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Donnelly View Post
No, they don't: 20% slop.
Well, yes and no. A lot of CrossFit Coaches (TM) do want people to learn right and have definitely fostered an interest in proper OL form. But, yes, you are right, they encourage a lot of crap form. Take, for instance, the official rules of their max snatch events in competition. Basically, the only thing you can't do is rest it on your shoulders and do another dip and drive... Then again, it's not a good idea for me to disagree with you, as you have actual experience coaching CrossFitters on their OL form.

Ugh, improving OL form so you can get a better result on conditioning workouts. That's sick. And wrong. The way to rock Isabel is to have a >100kg snatch. In fact, you shouldn't even consider doing it unless you have a >100kg snatch.

But, I agree with James. Though I've never been an @Fitter, I did discover the barbell lifts through @Fit. Since OL is one of my interests, though I'm not good at it, they are definitely to blame for my interest in proper OL form. The Burgener videos on their site were the first instruction I had on the snatch and clean and jerk.
Geoffrey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote