View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
Gary Ohm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Yan View Post
Cam buckles, I think.

I did some web surfing a few months back trying to figure out how much it would cost to make your own ring straps from online webbing retailers. I came to the conclusion that unless you're going to be making multiple pairs, you're not saving much money. Rogue Fitness sells ring straps separately for something like $25, which I believe is only marginally more than the cost for the materials and won't require your own labor.

However, if you're doing this for the love of DIY, keep us posted on the project.
Jeff it is amazing that you post this today. I surfed for quite a while yesterday and came to the same conclusion. Having them made would only be about two dollars cheaper per strap than buying replacements.

Today I started a new idea to take the aggravation out of my current straps. I took a piece of gorilla tape and doubled it over the end of the strap. It's double thick and glued to itself and the end of the web strap. It is about a third as thick as the webbing and is WAY easier to thread. If the tape holds up and does not cause any unforeseen aggravation, I think I may have found my answer.

Thanks again everyone
Gary Ohm is offline   Reply With Quote