View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 02:14 PM   #7
Derek Weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Smith View Post
Being that Waterbury was in Tucson for a long time, I met someone very close to him that said he is all about quantity of articles over quality, and that "borrowing" ideas is par for the course.
He's a dolt. People harp on Boyle changing stances and being a marketer, but Waterbury is far worse if you ask me. The one piece of advice I saw that was of any value was basic fat loss advice of: eat green vegetables at every meal, eat 4-6 servings/meals of 4-6 oz. of protein per day, and take fish oil. Groundbreaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Evans View Post
As if by magic I stumble across this discussion.

I recall Waterbury signed up to the CrossFit boards a while back. I look forward to him 'borrowing' Fran.
Interesting that Joel was so opinionated. I think that's fairly telling. Guys like Joel Marion, Lyle, Martin, Alan Aragon etc. are ever growing voices of reason in an otherwise irrational field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Evans View Post
OMFG! A reply! Thanks Derek.

I appreciated the first article because you have a writer who has actually read and understood the original papers. He challenges a number of concepts that are pushed by regular T-Muscle contributors. Then a week later Waterbury comes on, cites Tremblay, doesn't exactly cite Tabata but implies its usefulness for fat loss.

Fantastic contradiction. I'm genuinely surprised the first article was published but
I can imagine which article has been read the most.

It's interesting from the perspective of what people like Lyle have been saying and then as Waterbury dives into his I train MMA but you can do this and look great schtick it's interesting from the perspective of the 8 Weeks Out discussions on these boards. Who do you reckon knows their science better?

Hustler.
T-Nation is interesting. Overall, they're a marketing machine, but every once in a while they'll run something that actually makes sense. Dan John articles, as well as this cardio article are two examples.

What I think would be interesting would be interviews with Lyle, Martin or Joel. I doubt it would pass the censors and make it on the site though...
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote