View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
Derek Weaver

Read this article, as well as the two articles linked within it on Calorie Partitioning. Be sure to set aside some time.

1 lb/week is completely doable and should be expected. But this is an average. You are likely to get off to a great start, have weight/fat loss stall, accelerate, stall and accelerate a few times.

What's needed is an intelligent approach, adherence to a goal and what's required to reach it.

I'm not an Ellington Darden fan myself, but Martin has some training ideas that are HIT centric, with maybe a little more volume. Short and intense.

CF is a great way to get hurt if done according to main page. I trust you're smarter than that, and don't mean to criticize you since you said you're opening a box.

Something else that would work fine would be 2-3 hard, full body workouts per week, maybe 2 metabolic sessions, and a ton of NEPA stuff, like.... walking, working in the yard, taking the stairs etc.

You're already doing better than most by looking for more information.
And if you don't think kettleball squat cleans are difficult, I say, step up to the med-ball
- CJ Kim
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote