View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #12
John Alston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Royce View Post
John:

Thanks for your comments. I'm not sure I agree that a squat clean is more taxing than a power clean. Are you arguing that it's possible to power clean more than a squat clean?
With good technique and no phsyical issues, your full clean should of course be more weight. BUt if you mean "more often" than I think one can do more power cleans than squat cleans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Royce View Post
Again, on your point about subbing the C&J, I'm not looking to exactly replicate the motion but rather to achieve the same effect of Starting Strength (building mass/strength) while working on the technical side of the O lifts.

As for goals, good question! Build strength/mass, improve athletic performance, learn the O lifts as a sport (in no particular order).
Right, a little different from my goals, where right now I am trying to develop my strength and general traits through focusing on the olympic lifts.
Sounds like you are getting good training if you are working with Gary Valentine. I'd listen to him!
Are you going to come on down to the meet at LBH in two weeks?