2. What exercises hurt? Which shoulder articulations hurt?
Jumping jacks and medicine ball slams. The extensions seem to bring it on
3. What type of pain is it? Burning? Ache? Tingling? Sharp?
It went from a sharp tingling I would say 5 out 10 in pain, to a very dull burning like a 3 out of 10
4. Acute or chronic? What date was onset?
Acute, I noticed it last week 8/23/10
5. Any previous injury history?
Not in that area
6. How's your posture?
I try to sit upright and not slouch when I can at my desk, but I am mainly on my feet all day.
7. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?
No sports. I don't do any max effort lifts for that area, maainly bodyweight stuff with the occasional sandbag lifting and medicine ball slams.
8. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?
No, I learned my lesson years ago
9. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?
Very tight and tender around the teres major and minor
10. What have you been doing for recovery purposes?
Massage the entire area, stretch and ice. I tried heat a couple of days ago and that made it worst
Thanks alot for the help.