View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 09:59 AM   #8
Brian Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Cilli View Post
I think in one of Robb Wolf's podcasts or blog posts he addressed the advantages of eating eggs that had omega-3s. I'd imagine it's pretty much the same reasons why grass fed, free range beef is better. You get a better omega 3 to omega 6 balance, and you get some fatty acids like CLA that the conventionally grown meat/food/eggs/dairy don't have. I'll dig around and see if I can't find an article.
Thanks. My understanding is also that most of the evidence in support of organic foods / grassfed meat is largely anecdotal for the most part. There might be very marginal discernable nutritional differences for minor things in some cases (like Omega-ratios and what have you), but I believe that biological data in support of the superiority in diet is largely absent / inconclusive. I'm not extremely well-versed in the topic but I did some cursory research not too long ago to try to find anything objective in support of how I "should" eat. That failed to produce anything scientific of substance.

My personal guess at this point is that a great deal of the weight behind a number of these things is largely conjecture.

log
Brian Stone is offline   Reply With Quote