This morning I realized I have 2 weeks before heading to Fort Dix for a month. Need to add more running in, but I know myself and running along with lifting at the rate I am now will result in lifting taking priority unless i make myself tone it down for the next 2 weeks.
2 week plan:
1. 2 days of lifting per week, that's it, MP and DL one day, S and BP the other.
2. Limit accessories exercises to 1-2 per lift, probably a counter movement, i.e. MP day = pullups, BP day = rows...etc
3. Abs and Neck every lifting session
4. No conditioning on lifting days
5. Condensed version of Muscular Endurance program from 8 Weeks out, need to concentrate on pushups and this is a good time to test out the method
6. Run - mornings have finally cooled off here, so 3 times a week, alternating between intervals and longer runs. Need to condition my legs/feet again.
7. Conditioning after runs if energy allows - following Rob Shaul Afghan prep program guidelines
8. Mob WODS - every day
That's it for the next 2 weeks, 2 days lifting, 3 days running, maybe 1 day of rucking per week.
After those 2 weeks we'll see what it's like at Fort Dix and the workout situation, i.e. gym access, PT situation...etc
"And for crying out loud. Don't go into the pain cave. I can't stress this enough. Your Totem Animal won't be in there to help you. You'll be on your own. The Pain Cave is for cowards.
Pain is your companion, don't go hide from it."