View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #1863
Derek Weaver

Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
I don't remember when I started putting them in my log but it hasn't been long and I haven't been consistent. Every time I lift I mentally assign an RPE so I can keep track of what I am going to do next lifting session. Right now I am in a real basic rebuilding phase of linear progression and the purpose of the RPE's is for me to determine if I am going to go up 5 lb's or 1 LB the next session. So far it has all been 5 lb increases so kind of a mute point.

How I will use it though will be next Wednesday when I PC I will back up to 155 and work on my form and then start increasing from there once I feel I am good. I didn't log it but my bench work on Monday was a solid 9. I am going to get 200 X 5 X 3 and then like I said go to 5 lb's per every 2 workouts. 2lb's one workout then 3 more lb's the next workout and so on.

When I get to a point where everything is a 9 all the time I am going to reset and go back on 5/3/1 and see where I go from there. I am interested in what my buddy Chili is doing and might go that route based on what I see from him and how he likes his workout plan.

Hope that answers the question.
Nice approach. solid discipline as well.
And if you don't think kettleball squat cleans are difficult, I say, step up to the med-ball
- CJ Kim
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote