View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #1863
Derek Weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
I don't remember when I started putting them in my log but it hasn't been long and I haven't been consistent. Every time I lift I mentally assign an RPE so I can keep track of what I am going to do next lifting session. Right now I am in a real basic rebuilding phase of linear progression and the purpose of the RPE's is for me to determine if I am going to go up 5 lb's or 1 LB the next session. So far it has all been 5 lb increases so kind of a mute point.

How I will use it though will be next Wednesday when I PC I will back up to 155 and work on my form and then start increasing from there once I feel I am good. I didn't log it but my bench work on Monday was a solid 9. I am going to get 200 X 5 X 3 and then like I said go to 5 lb's per every 2 workouts. 2lb's one workout then 3 more lb's the next workout and so on.

When I get to a point where everything is a 9 all the time I am going to reset and go back on 5/3/1 and see where I go from there. I am interested in what my buddy Chili is doing and might go that route based on what I see from him and how he likes his workout plan.

Hope that answers the question.
Nice approach. solid discipline as well.
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote