View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #1864
Derek Simonds

16 September Thursday

Morning was going to run but just wasn't feeling it. Ended up doing 20 minutes of mobility, stretching and pre-hab stuff then did some elbow flexion and extension.

Lunch No-Gi: Wow we had a stacked class today. There was Jonathan from TUF, a guy getting ready for a fight in Japan a wrestling coach, a couple of other pro MMA team members and us regular guys. We worked some kimura stuff then did monkey in the middle with Jim, Jonanthon and Eric. Started with takedowns. I did ok and even stuffed one of the pro guys shoots with a good sprawl, he did take me down though. I was able to get a couple of takedowns. Somewhere in the midst of all that I took a shot to the heel bone of my right foot and I can hardly put pressure on it. We took a break and then did pass or sweep for the rest of the class. I was able to pass every time I was up. I do enjoy No-Gi for that part of it. When you are sweating it makes the passes much easier.

Now here is my thought for today. There is a point in the pass where 99% of people will give up and let you by, it is a true fighter that doesn't concede that pass and keeps fighting to prevent you from securing position.

I love the energy when there are guys training for something big. Not just training but getting ready for a battle! That changes everything.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote