View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 06:01 AM   #1870
Derek Simonds

Originally Posted by Derek Weaver View Post
Sorry to hear about the death Derek. Good self reflection/introspection.

Different subject, but how's the heel?
Thanks. The heel is still sore. Taking the weekend off made a huge difference. I iced it a lot and it is coming along nicely. I am pretty sure it was a bone bruise or something similar. Last night at BJJ a girl that was watching told her mom that guy isn't doing the jumping jacks and I laughed. No jumping or running as of now for me.

20 Sept 2010 PM

BJJ Fundamentals: Worked bear hug self defense, armbar sweep, butterfly sweep and cross collar choke. I had another new guy with no martial arts or wrestling but was a bouncer at a biker bar. He went everything full f'ing tilt. It was fun to wrok with him and he kept telling me how much fun he was having. I think he will be back.

21 Sept 2010 AM

Supposed to have a private with Mark and Fabin. I drove in and right when I got to the academy I got a text from Mark that he was puking and wasn't going to make it. Fabin got the same text and turned around and went home. I went to Chik-Fil-A and had breakfast. Sucks when you drive 45 minutes for nothing but totally understand. I went ahead and came to work and handled some emails and am going to make my final decision on the funeral.

Hopefully I can get in a workout session tonight at home.
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe, is in the end, of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do. -John Ruskin
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote