View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #32
Jarod Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gant Grimes View Post
Chad, the CNS is like the boogeyman. Stop believing in it, and it will stop bothering you. Just saying the letters CNS will take 2% off your total.
Gant, I like the way you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shafley View Post

Cillis: From what you've said previously here, and what I've seen you post on Facebook, you are fond of ignoring the advice on topics that you specifically ask people about, wasting everybody's time and effort.
Steve, being that I have no idea who you are, I'm impressed that somehow you know something about me. It's been a process of errors and learning. I'm not afraid to try new things, and I'm certainly not afraid of failing. I have consistently integrated new knowledge directly into my training as best I can, however, due to my career choices, which I do not feel the need to discuss, there is training I have to do that is not exactly preferable for overall health and performance. Having just gone over my test results with Dr. G, I'm already improving and recovering, so I do appreciate and utilize the time and effort of others. Thanks for insulting me

Anyways, I apologize for the comparison to past training and sports experience, I was just trying to explain where my train of thought was coming from. All I was really getting at was looking at the article Broz posted, I was just trying to understand if the "adaptation" discussed was unique to weightlifting or if it was something that occurred from all physical activity. Some guys seem bulletproof, I've trained with guys who consider a 10 mile run a short run, and regularly log 60+ miles a week. I'm just trying to understand if they've experienced a similar adaptation as Broz's athletes have, or if there is a different mechanism at work.
Jarod Barker is offline   Reply With Quote