View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 01:50 AM   #22
James Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Lee View Post
I tend not to idolize fitness gurus, because I can think for myself. I love learning from what Lyle has to say, but none of this stuff bothers me. Lyle can be quick to judge in many of his forum responses, which is where a lot of the criticism of him comes from. His articles are pretty much all very well thought out though.
Really?

Come on Donald, you're a bright guy but a lot of your posts are "Joel says this..." or "Lyle says that..."

I know you're learning all the time but let's not be so artless.

The whole spat was mindless. A kid coached by a guy who wrote a book called Starting Strength got stronger. In that process to support those gains and his hard work he consumed calories and put on weight. But he got stronger. He did not aspire to some silly 21st Century convention of looking like an andro rent boy and fearing the loss of visible abz. A bunch of keyboard warriors who favour the leg press & coke fuelled Armani models wet their pants about it.

Utterly pathetic.