View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #9
Tanner Cook

Derek, while my coach is a phenomenal wrestling coach, his experience in weightlifting is somewhat minimal, however I will consult him on his opinions about in-season training.

Andrew, thanks for the input! I'm not planning on goin for ME lifts in season, more of anything that will keep my strength loss to a minimum (5/3/1-esque). As for the crossfit input, I'm on the same page as you. I do not subscribe to CrossFit or CrossFit style programming, as I stated earlier I perform mainly the O-lifts (I compete in O-lifting as well), I work on the Basic Barbell lifts, and I throw in Track Work and the occasional Met-Con. I was introduced to strength training through crossfit when I was 11, also my father is a very knowledgeable coach, he was a gym owner/strength and conditioning coach/crossfit coach, so I never went though any body building half squatting stage. I enjoy some of the CrossFit WODs and I like competing at sectionals, but for even general training I'm not a kool-aid drinker, never have been, never will be. I appreciate the responses.

-Tanner
Tanner Cook is offline   Reply With Quote