View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #12
Fernando Mendoza

Default 2010-11-01 Week 1 Day 1

The training
Came in a bit tired. Did my usual warmup, then went straight to practising snatch at mid-hang. My biggest pet peeve in this training is that I can never tell if I'm fully extended once I got past 60kg. I can snatch it, but I can't tell if form is breaking down (and I can't film it at the U of T AC grrrrr!!!!). I have to go on feel, but it sucks cause I admit my proprioception is not as accurate as I would like. I always feel I prematurely pull, although I can't really tell - the closest thing is the mid hang which forces me into correct positioning. Can't get rid of the hips going forward though, so the best I end up with is the positioning in the mid hang snatch that I attempted with 95lbs last Saturday.

Squat was cool, widened stance a tad to reflect my actual receiving stance (for front and OH squat it was wider than I actually squatted with, so I figured why not back squat that way as well). Doing so and holding correct torso positioning really works the hammies.

Pull-ups again magically got better. The magic I believe is due to the way I dead hang at the bottom - put my head through and pull up includes my traps which come a long way in allowing me to put in more muscle, and thus more strength and more reps. I'm trying to get a bounce effect happening, but I have to learn to do it without losing position. If I can get the bounce, I can potentially get more reps.

Warmup with 20kg

Snatch
20kgx5s (mid hang)
40kgx6s
50kgx4s
60kgx1s
62kgx3sx2r

(attempt at 60kg mid-hang snatch fail twice)

Squat
70kgx3
90kgx3
100kgx2
110kgx1
115kgx5sx3r

Clean Deadlift
100kgx2r
122kgx2sx2r

Push Press
20kgx5r
40kgx5r