Thread: TRT for my Dad
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
Jarod Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Smith View Post
Silly question. Is your dad interested in TRT or are you trying to do this for him? If it's the latter, you might just want to save your breath. Pun intended.
We had talked about it the other day. He saw one of those commercials on tv, you know the type. "Do you have less energy than you used to..." He thought maybe that was his problem. I told him I'd look it up. I said it, but I didn't mean it at first. But then I started thinking about it, and he is losing a step or two. So, then I figured, "hey, maybe I should look into it for him." I think I would feel less pressure to take of him if I saw that he was healthier and stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Low View Post
You know that smoking decreases testosterone by some absurd amount like 30-40%... probably more if it smokes that much.

Might wanna get him off the sigs instead of looking into TRT..... and what Garrett said.
I had no idea it was that much of a decrease, but that doesn't surprise. I really wish I could get him to quit, but it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon. He's tried quitting multiple times, and I don't think he's ever even lasted a month. He started smoking ridiculously young, like 15 or 16, so I don't think he can even remember what it feels like to not be addicted. I'll work on him though, I'm always trying.
Jarod Barker is offline   Reply With Quote