View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
Fernando Mendoza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Mattes View Post
I'd agree with her. Not to mention sneakers allow you to land and jump more naturally (without the heel in the way) and you won't be wearing out your lifting shoes on things that aren't lifting. I only wear mine on the platform and walking to and from the squat rack, they're not meant for dynamic/conditioning/whatever work.
Hi Emily, appreciate the response. Based on your response I assume you carry two pairs of shoes to the gym if you have lifting and jumping activities scheduled on the same day? I figure I might get used to doing it, given that I got used to bringing my chalk everywhere else (except the gym I'm at now, which provides it's own chalk for members). Where I'm coming from is that I generally just wear one pair, my lifting shoes, right now - from the locker to the gym, and back. I've seen other people change shoes at the platform, but I've always been under the impression that is excessively protective behaviour for a pair of shoes that get whacked 4-5 times a week. Either way, potentially now I've got to buy new shoes. Do you know what type of running shoes would be good to support (and withstand I guess) jumping activities?
Fernando Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote