View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #14
Eduardo Chile

TRAC: Stress Severe-9/Bal/CNS Good-6/Adaptive Reserve Poor-4

TRAC said not to do anything, but I decided to take the workout a bit on the light side.

I didn't kill myself on the squats, I would call the last set an easy 9. I am doing much better on not letting the weight take me forward. It only happened on a few reps. I read Mike's article on how he sets up for the squat. The cue that really helped me today was focusing on pushing my knees out from the beginning. It seemed to really allow my hips to go in the hole and stay with good posture.

I cut the bench a set short because of the TRAC and I plan to lift three days in a row. Form is getting better and today I really felt my traps go into the bench. Hope this translates into increased numbers.

The good mornings I believe are helping the squats. Also, now that my deadlift form is gettin on track it will probably have some carryover there too.

I went to jiu-jitsu tonight as well. Showed up late to class, but still got some grappling in. I went with people relatively new to it and helped them with positions and what they should do when they get in them. I haven't been able to go consistently for the past few weeks. I'm hoping to change that.

I grappled with a good purple belt and I keep doing better and better against him. One day I hope to pass his guard. He mentioned I was doing going with feints, but that I can't just stop at two. I need to do three, four etc to keep him guessing. Went with another blue belt and went light and tried to work technique. I got caught with an armbar from the judo headlock position. I had him go over the position with me and I liked it and might use it some.

A black belt went over some de la riva type guard sweeps. My favorite is controlling the outside arm and pushing the knee to make the opponent fall over. Some details I've been missing are using your leg on the thigh to make space for the leg to pass through. Control the trapped leg by grabbing the ankle or gi. Constantly push pull to get them off balance.

Week 9
Day 1 - 11/22/10
Low Bar Squat - 1RM: 392 lbs
195 lbs x 5 reps x 1 sets @ 6 RPE - 50% of 1RM
235 lbs x 4 reps x 1 sets @ 6.5 RPE - 60% of 1RM
265 lbs x 3 reps x 1 sets @ 7 RPE - 68% of 1RM
290 lbs x 5 reps x 1 sets @ 8 RPE - 74% of 1RM
290 lbs x 5 reps x 1 sets @ 8.5 RPE - 74% of 1RM
290 lbs x 5 reps x 1 sets @ 9 RPE - 74% of 1RM

Bench - 1RM: 270 lbs
135 lbs x 5 reps x 1 sets @ 6 RPE - 50% of 1RM
175 lbs x 3 reps x 1 sets @ 7 RPE - 65% of 1RM