View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #14
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Cilli View Post
Don, I'll definitely be sending you a PM. My mentality definitely works against me. I remember when a SWCC guy recommended to me that once a week I should put 165 pounds on a bar or in a pack and carry it for a mile. I did that every week just like he told me to, I got down to a 17 minute mile, and then I had to stop because I had so many stress fractures I could barely walk right. It's stupid things like that that are making me take a big step back and really consider what I need to do in order to prepare, stay healthy, and progress.

I've found the hardest part is juggling everything. I can definitely do any single modality by itself, but when I try to work on multiple things it just falls apart. I've always felt the hardest part of a training program is putting it all together.
The thing is though, and we used to talk about this with drs in college, that alot of unqualified people are sending out a lot of bad information about training, or are training people, and unintentionally propagating the wrong message on how training should be, so its understandable why thats the hardest part.
Andrew Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote