Thread: Testosterone?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
Frank Needham

I'd be real careful where you go from here. In this day it is all too easy to find some Doc who'll be more than happy to cooperate if you decide to start TRT. Not sayin' you are set on doing this, just a personal observation. TRT often becomes a lifelong matter for those who go down that path because there are so many variables involved when you begin playing with the endo system. I did a lot of research a couple years ago as I'd thought this might be the answer for me. Was tired all the time, couldn't work out and stay healthy, no wood, no libido, etc, etc. Had ALL the blood work done, everything was within healthy ranges. I was willing to do ANYTHING before trying TRT because it scared the eff out of me to tell the truth. Just read some of the forum messages you find around the web if you want to know what I'm talking about. So, I asked myself, how can I make solving this problem I have as simple as possible? Starting with the basics and looking at my life it was pretty obvious I carried a pretty strenuous load most of the time, working full time, a family, going to engineering school year round, working out, drinking coffee continuously, anything sounding familiar to you yet? I was sick and tired of being sick and tired so I've cut back where I felt I could. For me this meant cutting out the coffee, cutting back on the work out schedule (even to the point of dropping it altogether when other stresses get too high) and forcing myself to get enough rest every day. How did I know if I'd gotten enough rest every day? Simple, morning wood will tell most men the answer. I know, it is funny but it is accurate! I know my circumstances don't accurately describe yours but you can stop and analyze yours in a simple and fundamental way, you might be surprised at what you find that can change things for the better. Be very careful here, you are very young yet to do anything without slow and deliberate thought.