View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #371
Chris Salvato

1/6/2010 - Not going to explain much. I had taken two months off from May until July to travel for pleasure. Then I did about 4 months of SS and got a lot of strength back, from July to early November. I had to take the last two months off of training to travel for work and to see my g/f in the UK - so I am sure my strength is back down to absolute shit. The next four months will be filled with lots of travelling. Oh yeah, I also dislocated my elbow last March and am still not fully recovered. I haven't done a muscle up since March.

I have tried to put together traveler's workouts that I can do on the road, but the lack of a routine and good equipment consistently gets in the way. Also, the nature of travel with my new company does not allow for the sort of workouts that I want to do, so I need to wait at least a little while for that to change.

For the next month or so, I will have time to train. Rather than start from the ground up with my lower body work and go back into SS again, I have decided to do CrossFit Football workouts mixed with some strength training. I will do the following two workout schemes, 2 days on, 1 day off, for the next month or so.

Workout A
Weighted Pullups
Planche Work
CrossFit Football WOD
Rehab

Workout B
Weighted Dips
Front Level Work
CrossFit Football WOD
Rehab

Feedback, as always, is appreciated. If anyone thinks just another month of SS would be fine, that is cool...or maybe just straight CrossFit or straight upper body skills...or even suggestions for travelling.
Chris Salvato is offline   Reply With Quote