View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #15
Troy Kerr

This is very similar to an approach I used 6 months back with the Wendler 531 program. Programs like this can have a number of benefits. For my gym, it involved constant weekly coaching on the big lifts: squat, press,dead, clean. This made coaching a lot easier as we did not have to constantly do a 10 minute explanation of each lift whenever it came up in a workout.
This is great for building some strength numbers as well as maintaining some work capacity. So almost like beginner's to crossfit, or just beginners in general. The metcons can be stretched out with some higher volume, if rest breaks are implemented. This is more interval style training, and in my experience does not have big interference with recovery.
If you are working with some beginning clients that just want to get in shape and are new to the gym scene, this program will be fine for awhile. However if you are working with clients that wish to compete in crossfit events, they will need to have exposure to more pure "constantly varied" workouts, as opposed to "finishers".
Troy Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote