View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #9
Collin O'Neill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Weaver View Post
Forgive me, but what did I miss on your first post?

You asked if we thought squatting once per week was enough to make progress. I answered that I thought it was. And that whatever your current results running 5/3/1 should answer the question one way or another.

With that said, I still think you've got it nailed pretty well with the ideas you've presented so far. Put the C&Js in on monday and you could definitely do much worse.
The way you answered was along the lines of "duh, the answer should be pretty evident already." Without breaking down your thought process that led you to your conclusion, it kind of defeats my looking for advice in the first place. What I was referencing in the OP was the fact that I mentioned I had done my own research, and was looking for the opinion's of others to validate or invalidate the opinion I was forming.

Up until now, I had been doing 5/3/1, but still squatting twice a week. It was definitely a bastardized program.

I am leaning towards the advice presented so far. Going from squatting twice a week to that will be an adjustment though. It will feel like I am not doing anything!

The rub is that my karate class can be very inconsistent in terms of how much effort I need to put forth. Some days it is pretty mundane, and some days it can ratchet up the intensity. It all depends on who is running the class.
Collin O'Neill is offline   Reply With Quote