View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #1014
Derek Weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Kemper View Post
Since I am in eye care and not in Internal Med or ICU, so I don't have any idea on AF rhabdo admissions or diagnoses. I can't find the email that had information about the success at Luke AFB, but they compared the injury rate with Crossfit compared to various intramural sports and other activities. The per participant injury rate with Crossfit WODs was miniscule compared to the intramural injury rate. Sorry for the lack of details.
Bryan,
The injury rate of intramural sports compared to Crossfit is a non argument. Comparing actual sporting competitors to CF'ers who are performing a workout that is supposedly meant to prepare them for anything doesn't make any sense, at all.

This may be a bit harsh, but if you can come up with an actual argument, instead of drawing obscure comparisons, that would be a first. It would be good for this thread.

Why ask questions if you admit at the end of the post that it is unlikely to change your viewpoint?

My view on crossfit not being the dumbest exercise movement in the history of exercise is open to change if someone can come up with actual science and examples of elite performance, injury prevention, and lack of jack assery. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone show that lately.

To this point, we've got science as well as anecdotal evidence against CF. On the CF side, we've only got anecdotal evidence, and a F*** ton of injuries on the message boards alone. Oh, and a fundamental lack of understanding regarding science as it relates to human biology, physiology, and at times, physics. I have a degree in History and seem to understand the science better than those at the top of the CF hierarchy do. It may not be criminal, but it is tragic.

Between SLAP tears and Rhabdo cases alone, that's enough for any sane individual to choose a different path.
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote