Thread: Re-testing
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 03:30 AM   #14
Blair Lowe

Sounds like your ring dip strength is around where mine is, Troy. I've tinkered with the idea of doing wide arm dips on the parallel bars or russian dips. I also set up two blocks and do a dip that starts learning forward towards something like a bent arm elbow lever, wanna be bent arm maltese.

Leave the bulgarian dips till you can do parallel ring dips. RTO dips after you can do Bulgarians.

Right now, I just set up a new program where I work rope pullups and ring dips on Tu and F. M&Th I work a basic ring series involving muscle-up then negative muscle-up 3x3 to go along with body lever, block maltese and HS to shoulderstand on rings (it honestly doesn't work very well going from shoulderstand to invert hang).

I had been meaning to do levers and ring support work 4d/week but now I'm leaving to just Tu/F due to the 5 sets of body lever, block maltese, and ring HS to shoulderstand (which I'm gonna replace with press HS).

I think this should work well for me. I had intended to do ring dips instead of hands turned out dips on blocks but I was too tired to support on rings. And yes, sleep and eating are pretty shitty for awhile to be coming up
Blair Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote