Kevin Shaughnessy

Friday June 17th

Bench Press - Paused
45x10
95x5
115x5
135x5
167x8x4

4 minutes rest, and 3 on the last set. Looking forward to setting a nice PR next wednesday.

CoC #2.5

I couldn't help myself and tried the 2.5. Didn't get any further than the last time I tried, and I could barely get it halfway without a good set. It occured to me that I'm probably not going to just pull a 2.5 close out of my ass and that I'll actually have to work for it, so I'm just going to focus on the #2 until I can manhandle it like I can the #1 cause thats what I think it'll take. I'm going to, starting sunday, do static holds sunday/tuesday and then go for a rep PR thursday like I did at the beginning of the year. Also, fuck credit card sets.

I'm adding a new goal to the meet I'll be doing Jan. 2012: 400+ squat, 500+ deadlift, 225-250 bench, all in the 198's. I haven't been able to weigh myself since I broke my scale (lol, not by stepping on it), but I just took some measurements, and around-the-gut is 42 1/2 inches, which is 1/2 an inch more than the last time I measured, but my arms have lost another quarter inch, down to 14 1/2 (quite the stud, no?). My arms were shrinking during my last cut, and I think they look leaner. I think I just haven't been taking the gut measurements at the same place, and that I'm actually continuing to get leaner. Otherwise something is going seriously wrong with my training and diet.
Kevin Shaughnessy is offline   Reply With Quote