Thread: Kevin's Log
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #330
Kevin Shaughnessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo Chile View Post
I can't tell from this view but your feet might not not be at a wide enough angle. But, I think you need to lower the weight a bit and get your form down. You need to really make it your priority on every rep to get your knees apart, and think about it before you even start your rep.

At the top of the lift it appears your hips stop moving and your shoulders keep rising. To keep the weight over your mid foot you come up on your toes. I think this is a mental error to some degree. I think the other part is your knees caving in is causing your bar speed to slow down and your timing is off.
I took some measurements and my stance is about 16 1/2 inches inside the heels. My hips are 16 1/2 inches in width, and my shoulders are 18. This is a bit of a realization as I didn't know I was inside shoulder width. I'll be moving them out to 18 next workout and see how it goes. Do you have any recommendations based on my measurements?

Good catch with the shoulders rising and the hips not. Thanks. I'll be focusing on moving them together next workout. I think the heaviness of the bar threw me off. What do you mean by my timing being off?
Kevin Shaughnessy is offline   Reply With Quote