View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 06:13 AM   #2378
Derek Simonds

18 July 2011 Monday

Took yesterday for a full rest day. I had nothing planned at all so we just kind of floated through the day. We capped it off with a nice steak dinner and watching the Prince's Bride with the kids. That was their first time seeing the movie and it was wonderful.

D W/U
Foam Roll

BS up to 185 X 3 X 4
P/U's with varying grips 37
Press up to 105 X 5 X 4

AMRAP in 5 minutes of
10 Bosu Ball Feet Elevated Push Ups
8 Bat Wings with 20 LB DB
10 40 LB Sand Bag Bulgarian Goat Belly Swings

I made it through 3 times + the push ups and bat wings

Row 5 Minutes
Finished with 1253 M's. During the row I imagined I was in a match and went hard for the first minute, slowed down some then would do 15 second to 20 second intervals to simulate really going after a pass or a submission. Then I would slow back down some for active recovery. I hammered it the last 30 seconds and then fell off the rower.

So about the weight thingy. It is decided. I am going to fight Heavyweight. I haven't had a processed carb other then 1 slice of pizza with the kids since July 5th. I weighed in Sunday morning and I know I was dehydrated but I still weighed 200.7 lb's and the scale said 9.6% BF. I carry most all of my fat right around my midsection and cutting out beer and processed carbs I know I am going to lean out. I feel really good right now at this weight in the academy and that is where I am going to stay.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote