View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #2379
Derek Simonds

18 July 2011 Monday Noon

BJJ Advanced: Good class and we revisited an old move from side control that uses your knee to clear out the inside arm if the guy is playing t-rex defense. Once the arm is cleared you go straight to an inside cross collar choke. Pretty cool setup once you get used to it.

Grappled 2 X 10 minutes. First grapple with a buddy who is smaller and we just went at it. Very athletic role. At one point he went for a straight ankle and I was able to defend and do a sit and spin pass. That pass got some applause from the observers. I did catch an armbar in transition. I am finding that a lot easier to do. Second role was tight and technical. Guy is about my size and same level. Good all around roll and I tried to only go at 70% and work for sweeps and submissions.

Here is a picture that a friend took the other night of one of my all time favorite sneaky gi chokes from the back. In fact you can see that I am grinning while applying it...

What we think, or what we know, or what we believe, is in the end, of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do. -John Ruskin
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote