Thread: Kevin's Log
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #355
Kevin Shaughnessy

Fasted training went great, had more focus and energy, although it could have been the caffeine. I'm not even going to bother with BCAAs, their too expensive. Had a revelation with the belt. I read Louie Simmons saying that you should push out against the belt with your abs. I tried it today and I felt like I got some serious ab activation. Maybe the fact that I was breathing into my chest and not pushing out my abs was the reason saturdays squat set sucked.

Now to eat 2000 calories in one meal OM NOM NOM!

Tuesday August 2nd

Bench Press - TnG
45x10
95x5
115x5
135x5
180x5x5

3 min rest and it went up easy. I'm really liking this new foot position I've found.

BB Row
135x5
165x3
200x3x5

Easy. God how I wish my bench and press would progress so easily. Maybe its just a technique issue, where with the row I could use some body english more easily whereas the bench and press is done strictly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icYaqhuezYE

Fat Gripz DL
200x3x3

I think the only reason I got the last rep last set was because I managed to grab where the FG open up. Extensors were hurting a little too. I'm going to start progressing 2 sets instead of 3.

Squats
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x3
280x5x5

3 minutes rest today, which I had never done before. Something went right, either the VS Athletics I wore, the fasted training, or both. Either way, fasted training and WL shoes are here to stay. Knees out was shittier than usual though, maybe because the shoes turn the squat even more quad dominant. Bar still came forward a bit out of the hole, depressingly, since I had hoped the shoes would fix that. I think I need to start hammering my hammies.

Wide Stance Box Squat
220x10

This sucked, in a good way.

Lying Tricep Extensions
52.5x3x10

Almost forgot.
Kevin Shaughnessy is offline   Reply With Quote