View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 02:04 AM   #5
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Royce View Post
personally, I would just stick with vigorous, frequent workouts and a Zone diet in order to dial in your eating patterns. Fasting may only exacerbate your eating problems until you have a disciplined diet. That's my personal view and may not apply to you. Since you are both quite heavy (presumably fat) and quite active, it's simply a matter of giving it time. If your diet is clean and you stick with the WODs or an equivalent, you are guaranteed to be 20lbs lighter within a year if not a lot sooner.
I concur with what Elliot said here. I like IF and have been doing it since January BUT I wouldn't recommend it to someone that doesn't have their nutrition down to begin with. Some people here might have fell off the healthy eating bus and are using IF as a method to get them back on track but I'd say it's a safe bet that most you ask here about IF have done some type of nutrition regimen pre-IF.

If you really want to give it your all anyway I think the Fast-5 would be well worth your time to read since that's basically the eating window you are talking about. In a nutshell: Eat from 5 pm - 10 pm then fast all other times other than non caloric drinks.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote