View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #2422
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril Sack View Post
I'm just waiting for all the out-of-business liquidation sales. Then I can buy a GHD and use it correctly.

Here's a funny article by Glenn Pendlay about those CF shirts. I might pick up that Crossfit Salem one...

http://glennpendlay.wordpress.com/20...will-kill-you/
Quote:
I have been annoyed at many Crossfit shirts. This started when I watched a guy at a local weightlifting meet warm up next to Donny Shankle wearing a “Crossfit: your workout is our warmup” shirt. Donny was warming up to open his snatch at 160kg, this guy was opening at 60kg and was struggling with 50kg in the warmup room. I remember thinking that this guy couldn’t even do Donny’s warmup, not even 1/4 of it, let alone his workout. Who did he think he was? For some reason this stuck with me and every time I saw one of those shirts my blood pressure went up a couple of points. Shirts like “Smoke you like cheap crack”, fed into this. I mean really, smoke everyone who reads the shirt? Smoke them at what? The clean and jerk? The 2 mile run? Open water swim? Smoke everyone at every possible athletic event? Then the endless shirts playing up the fact that the wearer, or crossfitters in general, hurt more than anyone else, collapse at the end of the workout more than anyone else, throw up more than anyone else, or even sweat more than anyone else.

I'm seriously laughing my ass off
Andrew Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote