View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 08:08 AM   #2797
Donald Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wilson View Post
Yeah and exactly that was mentioned in discussion, and its something that I think is missing in the States, outside there's typically multi sport athletic clubs. But I think it all comes down to information. There is very limited information out there, or at least shared. I think if there is a reservoir of quality information, quality methods, quality experience coaching, that is where they go.
Andrew, the disconnect between the public and exercise science isn't unique to exercise science. It's ubiquitous to a varying extent with all forms of academia. Too bad exercise science doesn't have something like the National Institutes of Health in the U.S. though to fund, train, and employ researchers.

IMO, communicating to the public the importance and relevance of science is an essential skill to develop.

Have you thought of starting a website to disseminate information to the public? I like what Joel is doing with recruiting those knowledgeable in both the science and application of exercise/training.
Donald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote