View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 12:51 AM   #8
Katarina Visnar

Hi all,

I'm now waiting for arthroscopy of both of my knees, due to menisci / patellas injury. The orthopedist told me yesterday that it is not clear if I will be able to do heavy weightlifting afterwards - the reason being the possible wear of patellas (Chondropathia patellae utq).

What I would like to find out is the following: is it possible that the wear of patellas could be the result of a long-time long-slow-distance activities in the past rather than weightlifting during the past 3 years? I never had any problems with my knees during my weightlifting period, while I couldn't claim the same about my long-slow-distance period of life.

Does anyone know about cases of successful recovery and return to lifting weights after such a diagnosis?

How about adding glucosamine / chondroitin / MSM? I know the wear is irreversible, but could adding these supplements help - and how?

My problems started in July after a bicycle accident - I fell of my bike and hurt my right knee. First medical diagnosis was related to the ligament and muscle tear, but it all got more complicated afterwards...
Katarina Visnar is offline   Reply With Quote