Thread: Kevin's Log
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #433
Eduardo Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Shaughnessy View Post
So in keeping with the spirit of doing my own thing, but with the realization that I'd do better with a schedule, I've designed my first ever program. It goes like this:

Monday

AM: Front Squats max triple then volume, Wide stance box squat 10RM
PM: Row ascending triples, Bench/Press work up to max reps then volume/superset chins

Wednesday

AM: Good Morning work up to max then backoff
PM: Bench/Press work up to max reps then volume/superset chins

Friday

AM: Front Squats max triple then volume, Wide stance box squat 10RM
PM: Row ascending triples, Bench/Press work up to max reps then volume/superset chins

Saturday

CONDITIONING.

My diet is going to be 3000 calories at a minimum, and 3500 calories at a maximum. I want to slooowly cut down, slow enough so that I can train how I like and not get weaker. Ah yes and you'll notice there are no narrow stance parallel back squats in my program. I'm burnt out on those, need a break.

Critiques or comments welcome.
My first question is what are your goals?

Second, what you have written is the beginning of a plan but it needs to entail so much more.
1. Exercise Selection - Why did you pick the exercise? You enjoy doing it? You're hoping to supplement your squat, bench, press, deadlift, etc?
2. Intensity - Do you need more physiological changes or more CNS changes?
3. Volume - How are you going to quantify the amount of work you do?

Also, how are you going to progress week to week and your exercise selection should change as needed.

I hope these questions can help you formulate your own program and if you got some questions fire away.

Log at RTS
Eduardo Chile is offline   Reply With Quote