View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
Derek Simonds

Greg thanks for the information. Even number 5 helped I interperted it as just lift.

I should have been more specific earlier. I have used the percentages from the CFT article to determine my opening weights whenever I test for a max. Here is the text I was referring to

Quoted from the article titled Crossfit Total

"The first attempt would be a weight you know you can do for a heavy set of three. The second attempt would be a weight you know without any doubt that you could do for a single, having just done the first attempt. And the third attempt is the weight you want to do, based on your performance on the previous two attempts. If you have made a mistake setting your first attempt, the next two will need to be adjusted, but you should know what you can triple, and this will always be a safe first attempt. And since you know this weight, you know what weights to use to warm up for it: you’ll use the lightest weight that you normally start with for your first warm-up when you train, and 90% of the first attempt for the last warm-up, with either three or four relatively even increments in between these two. For instance, warm-ups for a 405-pound first attempt on the squat would be:
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 2
275 x 1
325 x 1
365 x 1"

I am going to shoot for a 180 to 200 lb clean so based on the above formula I would traditionally half the weights and do the same rep scheme to get warmed up.

I will post my results Friday or Saturday.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote