View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 08:55 AM   #4
Greg Everett
Administrator

call me a simpleton, but that is way too much thinking for me. i would just say do your normal warm-up weights, but keep the reps low (i.e. sttart with 3s, and drop to 1s as you reach maybe 75-80% or so--with sn and cln, never more than 2s). just get the feel of the increasing weight without taxing yourself. but if all that math works for you, do it up!

also, with the sn and cln, you can take more smaller jumps (i know that sounds awkward - i mean more jumps of less weight) as you near your max. e.g. early you may take 15-20 kg jumps, then 10kg, then 5kg, then even 1-3 kg.

so let''s say your best sn is 100. you might do bar x whatever, 50x2, 60x2, 70x1x2, 80x1, 85x1, 90x1, 95x1, 100x1. if you haven't made 100 very many times, you may do 94,97,100 or something. then depending on how that 100 feels, add a little more.

also again, there may be times when you miss a lift and you opt to increase the weight anyway--sometimes you just do something stupid and don't make it, but you can tell you could have made it easily. instead of wasting time retaking that weight, move up. but don't get greedy and start adding weight after every miss. attempts don't count for your max!

"Without a doubt the best book on the market about Olympic-style weightlifting." - Mike Burgener, USAW Senior International Coach

American Weightlifting: The Documentary
Catalyst Athletics
Performance Menu Journal
Greg Everett is offline   Reply With Quote