View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
Adee Zukier

Default Thursday December 15, 2011

I think I am going to try and find a way to upload videos without using Youtube. I found a quicktime conversion for mac and once I get a camera I will manage a way to upload quicktime videos on here!

Today

A long day of studying and then at 5 and 6 o'clock it is my day to run the classes at CrossFit Guelph so today I had to workout a bit later then usual.

Still a bit sore but I just could not stay away from the barbells and plates and dumbbells!! AHH!!!

Today because I rested yesterday I did yesterdays programming

3 Position Clean x 5 sets
- all sets were done at 85 lbs - still keeping it a bit lighter then the actual percentages of my max until I get used to the volume.
- Cleans felt pretty good, elbows could be faster
- I find the hardest part for me is coming up out of the hole rather then getting under the bar. Front squats tomorrow should help with that!

Clean Pulls x 5 x 5
- all sets at 115lb
- this i found to be THE most awkward movement of all. When it was snatch pull my elbows continued to move high and outside however in a clean pull i found it much more awkward because the bar popped slightly off my hips and my elbows weren't moving high and outside.
- I guess the more I do it the better I will get
- Have watched the demo video maybe 3000 times in slow motion and full speed .. argghhhhh!!!

Snatch Balance - Heavy Single
65 x 3
85 x 2
105 x 1
115 x 1
125 Fail
125 Fail

I found that I was extremely slow once the weight gets heavier and at 115 I had to ride the bar down much more then I would have liked.
This could be because I hesitate and am a little bit nervous. I lost the bar forwards on both attempts at 125. I need to be more aggressive with the dip and drive and just push under!!!

5 min
3 Box jump - 24" box with a standard 45lb bumper plate on top i would guess 27"?
8 Dumbell Push Press at 25lb per arm
max pullups

completed 3 full rounds 4 pullups in the first then 3 and 3 (strict dead hang) and finished the box jumps and push press in the 4th round. I had pretty week pull-ups

Till next time!! Last exam tomorrow and then winter break where I will have nothing but time to focus on my lifting!
Adee Zukier is offline   Reply With Quote