Do you know what the actual injury is? Strain..? Or...?
ALso, is this a self diagnosis or?
1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts. Tell me what tissue(s) it feels like it's hurting in, or if it's more superficial or deep in the joint?
2. What exercises hurt? Which shoulder articulations hurt? Make sure you check both with passive motion and resistive/active motion. Also tell me when and what movements during these exercises are eliciting the pain?
3. What type of pain is it? Burning? Ache? Tingling? Sharp?
4. What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.
5. Acute or chronic (chronic more than ~6-8 weeks)? What date was onset? How has the pain improved since the initial injury?
6. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?
7. What have you been doing for recovery purposes? Do these recovery methods help?
8. What seems to help? What seems to make it worse? Is it constant? Does it increase/decrease with certain activities?
9. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?
10. How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?
11. Any previous injury history?
12. How's your posture?
13. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?
14. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?
Any answers to these Q's would be good to.