View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #10
Ken Lee

Does anyone know from personal experience how good the grip is on the V3 Gray Series Kettlebells compared to the MuscleDriver Black Series Kettlebells? The description for the V3 Gray Series Kettlebells says Single cast, cast-iron, textured finish with 1.5 inch smooth handle.

The word smooth concerns me. I do not have prior experience training with KBs. I am concerned that the Gray Series might slip out of my hands. My only issue with the Black Series is they come in pounds that do not exactly correspond with the kg equivalent of most KBs.

4kg = 8.8lb
BS=10
8kg = 17.2lb
BS=15
12kg = 26.4lb
BS=25
16kg = 35.2
BS=35
20kg = 44lbs
BS=45
24kg = 52.8lbs
BS=50
28kg = 61.6lbs
BS=60
36kg = 79.2lbs
BS=80

The exercises I want to use them for where I think grip may be an issue are snatches, cleans, deadlift high pulls, and swings. I do not want KBs slipping out of my hands and smashing stuff around my house.

MD KBs are less expensive than Ader or Lifeline and MD KBs increase in smaller weight increments than most manufactures, 2 kg instead of 4 kg, which is appealing.

I would like to do lower rep training for strength as well as leave open the option of doing high rep training for conditioning. I am also interested in improving my grip strength.
Ken Lee is offline   Reply With Quote