View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 05:03 AM   #5
Ryan Hutchings

Default Session 3

Session A

Technique training/Warm-up

Some bodyweight front squats, limb rotations, snatches and C&Js with a bar only.

Snatch 1
55 x 2
65 x 2
75 x 2
85 x 2
95 x 2
95 x 2

Clean 2
95 x 5
95 x 5
95 x 5

Clean and Jerk (Split) 3
105 x 1
115 x 1
135 x 1

Front Squats 4 (Cleaned the weight up on the first rep)
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5

Pendlay Row 5
135 x 8
135 x 8
135 x 8

Push Jerk 6
135 x 3
95 x 3
95 x 3

Conditioning/Cool-down 7
Jump-Rope and some spinal decompression stuff.

1) Snatch: Since I知 still getting a feel for the full movement I used a ton of reps with light weight which made me tired a little early. Now that I知 comfortable with the sequence, I値l start with 95 and increase the weight in a similar manner to prevent early fatigue.

2) Clean: I値l pretend I did Cleans on purpose, and not admit that I forgot to do the Jerk entirely...

3) Clean and Jerk (Split): Next time, as with the Snatch, I値l start with 135 and work up to prevent early fatigue. I feel really comfortable with both the Snatch and the C&J now, but I will still increase the weight for work sets very slowly.

4) Front Squats: I cleaned the weight up on the first rep then performed the set of Front Squats. Good stuff, no issues.

5) Pendlay Row: It was business as usual for these.

6) Push Jerk: These were supposed to be Push Presses, but when I was recalling the session I realized that I was rotating under the bar and locking my elbows much more than I was pressing at the top. I値l use that observation and occasion as a learning experience.

7) Conditioning/Cool-down: I知 getting much better at jumping rope. I知 also still trying to work a tweak in my upper-middle back while doing some decompression stuff; hanging from pull-up bars, suspending from top position on dip bars.

All of the work that doesn稚 contribute to perfecting form and achieving baseline weights with the Snatch and C&J is low priority for now; I知 mostly using it for conditioning at present. My overall confidence in the technique of both lifts is sky-high. I am very excited about all of this.

As you may have noticed, surely to the disapproval of some, I am adopting a "Bulgarian training system" in that I will be training every day. Once I have baseline weights for the Snatch and C&J I will start varying intensities, but not reducing frequency.

Thanks for reading through all this! Stay tuned.
Ryan Hutchings is offline   Reply With Quote