View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #17
Ryan Hutchings

The thing my programming is missing is work with doubles and maybe even some triples. In my mind, I'm working through how to include them.

I'm thinking something like....

Session A1
Snatch - Work up to a max single, then when form starts to deteriorate, back down 20% and work using doubles

Session B1
Clean and Jerk - Work up to a max single, then when form starts to deteriorate, back down 20% and work using doubles

Session A2
Snatch - Work up to a max single, then when form starts to deteriorate, back down 30% and work using triples

Session B2
Clean and Jerk - Work up to a max single, then when form starts to deteriorate, back down 30% and work using triples

I think this will work nicely. So, here's my program as of today:

There are 4 alternating Sessions (A1, B1, A2, B2). A full classic lift starts each session. A squat variation and a vertical press/pull alternates on "A" sessions, and a horizontal press/pull and abdominal work alternate on "B" sessions.

...sounds more complicated than it is! Looks like this:

Session A1
Snatch (up to a daily max single, back down 20% and work using doubles)
Front Squat - 3 sets of 5
Push Press - 5 sets of 3

Session B1
Clean and Jerk (up to a daily max single, back down 20% and work using doubles)
Incline Bench Press - 3 sets of 5
Sit-ups - 5 sets of 15 (add weight once all reps can be completed)

Session A2
Snatch (up to a daily max single, back down 30% and work using triples)
Back Squat - 3 sets of 5
Chin-ups - 5 sets as many reps possible until 25 total, then figure something out...

Session B2
Clean and Jerk (up to a daily max single, back down 30% and work using triples)
Barbell Rows - 3 sets of 5
Sit-ups - 5 sets of 15 (add weight once all reps can be completed)

I was going to alternate a low-back exercise with Abs, but I figured my low-back gets more than enough work elsewhere in the program.

The squats, presses, rows, chins, and abs will all be increased in a linear fashion (starting low and increasing very little) until I reach max intensities, at which point I'll reset. (back off a percentage and work back up again) I'll begin cycling intensities when it becomes necessary.

I'm going to let the classic lifts increase somewhat linearly, but base increases more on the feel of the lifts that day, so long as the weight doesn't start decreasing. I'll work up to a daily max single, to where my form begins breaking down, and work as described above.