View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #2768
Derek Simonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arien Malec View Post
Wait, what?
My over used figure of speech when describing what I do sometimes. I think I picked it up from a commercial many many years ago. Let me do a little google-fu... ah here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=petqFm94osQ. That is an oldie right there.

15 April Sunday sometime in the morning.

Saturday was the state finals for Jr's Odyssey of the Mind team. He did great but the team fell apart at the end. Unfortunate but these things happen with kids. I am proud of his hard work and effort. He is now focusing on gymnastics for the remainder of the year. We were at the school at 7:00 am and walked back in the house at 10:45 PM. Brutal day. My wife was about to commit capital murder if I didn't get her some food. Luckily we were able to get out and get her fed before I needed to restrain her...

Jr's new bow came in so we got him all set up on Sunday and he kindly gave his old bow to his sister. That made me very happy. Here is a great picture of the two of them.

He is improving rapidly and I think that it is very likely that we will be hunting this fall.

Back to Sunday workout now.

D W/U
Foam Roll

Med Ball Mania: I did 8 different explosive throws X 6 each and chased the ball down after each throw. I finished with a squat jump throw straight up combined with 3 pushups X 10

DB Press up to 35 X 8 X 3
Chin UPs X 3 X 6

Plate Raise + Plate Front Press + Plate Halo X 10 X 2

BB Press + Lateral Raise + Rear Raise 10 LB DB X 10 X 2

AB / Med ball 1 hand catch and throw X 40 X 2

Took about an hour and worked with my wife the entire time. It was a lot of fun for us to be hanging out in the garage, training and joking around. I was very happy.

Finished the weekend with a dinner for the kids birthdays. My mom fed us like royalty. Luckily for me the kids requested boiled shrimp, grilled salmon, asparagus and fettuccine Joanne. My mom of course had to make brownie sundaes for their birthday and how could I say no to that.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote